Stories Matter Foundation
Board Position Details
BOARD MEMBER: We are looking for Board members of all stripes to join us as we begin our strategic planning to direct growth over the next five years. No writing or literary skills needed, just a love of story and the arts. Fundraising is a major focus, as are our community partnership programs bringing story skills to all different types of affinity groups. We currently have a “give or get” and do not want a personal giving requirement to hinder your interests.
- Board Term: 2-yr commitment, 4-8 hours per month. Monthly meetings, annual planning retreat, attendance at some or all of our public events.
- Financial Contribution: Board members are required to contribute financially.
- Faith-based Organization: We are not a faith-based organization.
- Skills: Individuals with a wide range of networks throughout Chicagoland and/or those with professional services experience, such as accounting, marketing, business development would be valued.
About Stories Matter Foundation
We are an exciting new organization with a 16-year foundation in creative writing and storytelling. Our mission: We build communities of storytellers trained to question, explore, celebrate, and change their worlds using the power of story. Stories Matter Foundation is an original concept: a foundation that manages a creative writing school, a literary magazine, a writing/editing festival, and unique outreach programs.
The Stories Matter Foundation (SMF) is the umbrella organization under which is:
- StoryStudio Chicago Creative Writing School
- StoryStudio Writers Festival
- Chicago Review of Books
- Chicago Stories Project, Lit Squads, and other community-facing projects.