Constellation Men’s Ensemble
Board Position Details
BOARD MEMBER: 1) President — The board president shall be the chief volunteer officer of the corporation. The board president shall lead the board of directors in performing its duties and responsibilities, including, if present, presiding at all meetings of the board of directors, and shall perform all other duties incident to the office or properly required by the board of directors. Specific duties include providing a welcome letter to be included in each concert program and serve as main consultant to executive director and the board.
2) Treasurer — The treasurer shall be the lead director for oversight of the financial condition and affairs of the corporation. The treasurer shall oversee and keep the board informed of the financial condition of the corporation and of audit or financial review results. In conjunction with other directors or officers, the treasurer shall oversee budget preparation and shall ensure that appropriate financial reports, including an account of major transactions and the financial condition of the corporation, are made available to the board of directors on a timely basis or as may be required by the board of directors. The treasurer shall perform all duties properly required by the board of directors or the board president. The treasurer may appoint, with approval of the board a qualified fiscal agent or member of the staff to assist in performance of all or part of the duties of the treasurer. Specifically, a full review of the corporation’s fiscal and financial status will be presented at each board meeting.
- Board Term: 1-3 year board commitment.
- Financial Contribution: Board members are required to contribute financially.
- Faith-based Organization: We are not a faith-based organization.
- Skills: Financial planning, strategic planning, outside the box problem solving, donor stewardship, patience, musical passion.
About Constellation Men’s Ensemble
Constellation Men’s Ensemble (CME) is a Chicago-based vocal group dedicated to creating distinct performances in unique spaces, empowering the next generation of singers through educational engagement, and expanding the repertoire for men’s vocal music by commissioning new works from both emerging and established composers.
We are now entering our sixth season of music-making and are expanding our reach in creative, self-aware, and engaging experiences for our audiences. Constellation started and continues to exist on two simple ideas: Music & Brotherhood. The former being the passion of all of our members, from educators to performing professionals to emerging artists. With the latter being a universal brotherhood, providing a safe space, belonging, understanding, and care for all those in our constellation.
We are proud to have founded our annual NOVA new-music series which stands for New Original Vocal Art. We look forward to being able to continue to commission composer voices who deserve to be heard regarding ideas that affect our community.