Broken Nose Theatre
Board Position Details
BOARD MEMBER: Board Members: Broken Nose is looking to add 2-4 board members this fiscal year. The Board meets in full every other month, with smaller committee meetings as needed. Board members are expected to see all shows, serve as a representative for the organization, serve on one committee, support the execution of the annual gala, and fundraise on behalf of the organization, personally contributing if possible.
- Board Term: 2 year commitment
- Financial Contribution: Board members are required to fundraise on the organization’s behalf.
- Faith-based Organization: We are not a faith-based organization.
- Skills: Human Resources, Legal, and Financial.
About Broken Nose Theatre
Broken Nose Theatre is a Pay-What-You-Can company that develops and produces new work and seeks to cultivate empathy, spark conversation, and amplify underrepresented voices.
Since our founding in 2012, we have been humbled to receive a collection of accolades, such as the 2018 Emerging Theater Award (awarded by the League of Chicago Theatres and Broadway in Chicago), three Time Out Chicago Theatre Awards, three Black Theater Alliance Awards including Best New Play (Kingdom, 2018), the inaugural Bayless Family Foundation grant, recognition from the American Theatre Critics Association, and seven Joseph Jefferson Awards — where two times in the last three years, we’ve received the coveted Best Ensemble award: Plainclothes (2019) and At The Table (2017).
- Economic Accessibility – Cost should not be a barrier to seeing theatre
- Inclusivity – Everyone deserves a seat at the table
- Representation – Our stories should reflect our world
- Collaboration – The best ideas come from working together
- Conversation – Theatre is a dialogue between artists, audiences and communities
- Immediacy – Why this play now?